Employer: HealthTechApps, Inc.
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: 900 Fort Street Mall #1888, Honolulu, HI, 96813
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Term: 3 Month
Compensation: Negotiable salary with some company equity.
Benefits: Experience startup life and work hand to hand with experts and mentors at the XLR8UH program and engage yourself in creating something great!
Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. HealthTechApps is helping athletes and doctors monitor and manage sports concussions. We connect millions everywhere with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. Launched in 2012, we are working together with doctors and sports organizations to become the leader in concussion management. We’re based in Honolulu, founded by successful athletes, entrepreneurs and health insurance executives. Our investors include XLR8UH and the University of Hawaii.
HealthTechApps is a company that saves lives. A company that is going to change the face of health care for good. We need someone to administer the flow of ideas regarding data and make recommendations to influence the direction of our business by communicating results to numerous stakeholder groups. You’ll work with the massive datasets, information, and knowledge that we’re collecting and organizing, and help to drive innovation in our product and enhance user experiences. We need your unique skills to:
• Help manage our intense growth by developing and executing data analyses to manage the growth demands of HealthTechApps
• Develop, implement and maintain robust reporting methodologies and tool to support mission-critical business objectives
• Pioneer new uses of data to help save lives by enhancing user grow than dengagement Desired Qualifications / Experience
Desired Qualifications / Experience
• BS/MS/PhD in a quantitative discipline(applied mathematics, statistics, CS, OR, or related field)
• 5+ years of experience using quantitative approaches to solve challenging and meaningful analytical problems (or equivalent)
• Proficiency in programming and the use of analytic tools to perform rapid design, prototyping, analysis, simulation of, and experimentation with, advanced algorithms and applications (such as Matlab / Mathematica, Java, Ruby, Python, and experience in various relational and non-relational databases)
• Solid grounding in applied mathematics and statistics including expertise in Bayesian modeling, multivariate regression, logistic regression, machine learning, cluster analysis, decision analysis, time series analysis and forecasting, factor analysis, structural equation modeling, item response theory, Markov chains, and data visualization (preferred)
• Startup or equivalent experience (preferred) and the drive to live the dream (required)