Not fully applying your creativity and talent? Tired of cranking out the same mechanical designs at the same desk? Join the Herbavore Team and find yourself immersed at a place where your technical skills and creativity converge to create an incredible career opportunity! You will be involved in a variety of unique design projects that will force you to apply yourself in order to tear down the status quo.
Employer: Herbavore Tools
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Hours: To be determined by project workload
Start Date: 2/18/17
Term: 6 months
Benefits: Ability to work remotely at times and create your own schedule while still being part of the Team and feeling appreciated.
We are a motivated start-up company looking to revolutionize the gardening industry by offering tools that increase user efficiencies, output, and enjoyability. Our vision is for all green thumb enthusiasts to have a more pleasurable growing experience. By offering tools with supreme comfort and exceptional quality we WILL achieve this goal. We are ramping up to get product on shelves by August and need your help in growing this beast. Join us in achieving our vision of cutting down the competition with creativity, humor, and determination.
- Assist in developing product and component test specifications.
- Create documents related to the design engineering function. Documentation includes,but is not limited to: layout drawings, detail drawings, assembly drawings, Bills ofMaterials, Engineering Change Orders and design records.
- Participate in all phases of design, including design analysis, testing of design andqualification of the design for production and sale to the public.
- Produce iterations and modifications on time sensitive materials in a prompt manner.
- Provide technical data and assist in decision making process to ensure compliance withdesign specifications.
- Constructs platform where modified designs and drawings can be easily inputted.
- Analyze and design parts as well as assemblies to meet company’s specifications and goals.
Desired Qualifications / Experience
- College degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 2 years of experience using 3-D modeling software, ex. Solidworks.
- Experience in working with companies from design to manufacturing stages.
- Ability to work on time sensitive materials in a timely fashion.
- Basic knowledge of animation and simulating stress testing of product designs utilizingmodeling software.
- Great communication and collaborative skills.